My favourite 10 projects in 2013

Sew I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and list my 10 most favourite projects I completed in 2013. Some of them were for the markets and others just for fun. Something I did notice is that I didn't do any sewing for myself this year no new clothes. and my wardrobe has suffered. So this year I am pledging to make myself a new garment at least once a  month. Do you think I can?

#1 My gorgeous Sarah Fielke On the Pond Quilt which was a free QAL over at Spotlight, I totally love this and can't wait to see it on my bed. I did have to add some borders to make it a bit bigger for my bed but I love it.


#2 Mum's slippers - I made these for  Mum for a birthday present, I love the way they turned out so cute, like little elf shoes.  These were from a pattern in an old Australian Homespun Magazine. Can you see the little hints of the red lining peeping through?

#3 Mum requested a little bed jacket for around the house, she wanted it to be warm but with shorter sleeves so they didn't get caught when she was cooking etc. Meanwhile I had spied this gorgeous fleecy fabric in Spotlight and thought it would be perfect. A quick trip to Spotlight and Mum agreed.



 #4 I made this little house pouch from scraps and I love it so much, it's just so sweet, I thought it would be popular so I made some for the markets but to my surprise they didn't sell well at all. This was from a pattern in Zakka Style.

#5 In winter I was looking for a project to knit and saw this gorgeous scarf in Better Homes and Gardens. I thought it would be a perfect present for Adam for his birthday. So I made a very long Tom Baker Dr Who scarf for Adam, it worked out so well and I loved the colour combination.


#6 Christmas came around too quickly again in 2013, and I wanted to make a few little Christmas projects for the house and the markets. I loved this little snowman which was in one of the Handmade magazines. It was originally designed in redwork but I wanted to jazz him up a bit so I used colour to embroider him and I'm so happy with him.

#7 Sew 4 Home featured this gorgeous Owl pattern in November and I fell in love, I had so many requests for this little guy and this one made as a special order for a little girl is one of my favourites.


#8 One of the best songs  of 2013 and one of my favourites was What does the fox say? you can see the video here and if you haven't you really should it's so much fun. I made this little needlework which became very popular. I have to make another one for myself.

#9 Crochet Bunting. - I also learnt to make Crochet bunting by following Pip Lincoln's very easy instructions in her book Meet Me at Mike's. You can find Pip here where she regularly  blogs about gorgeous beautiful things.

#10 Little Robot Man - I loved this guy, he was also from a pattern form Australian Homespun, but I found the instructions to make him very difficult to follow. I only made one and sold him at the markets to the sweetest little boy, who desperately wanted him and whose parents originally said no but he must have talked them into it because he soon came back. He was hugging robot guy to bits and obviously loved him, which made my heart happy.

So here you have my 2013 favourites what do you think, what was your favourite project in 2013? 

Comments

Chrissy said…
Ohhh Cass, you are a very CLEVER COOKIE!! Love your Top 10...the darling owl caught my eye though, he's adroable as!!! :)
Unknown said…
Hello Cass! Wow you were a busy bee in 2013!! Your On the Pond Quilt is amazing!! keep up the wonderful work!! Cheers from California

Popular Posts