My little crochet Nana rug!

 Yay I finally finished my little Nana rug. This was a project in Australian Homespun Vol.  14.2 by Sarah London. I learnt how to do popcorn stitches which look so fun and also to join the little blocks as you go, which was so easy once I got the hang of it.

I added a red border before my white border simply because I ran out of the white and was itchin' to keep crocheting.


A little close up of my popcorn, I used up more of Bek's and Nana's wool stash, I love that Sarah uses whatever wool/acrylics that she finds and I didn't feel constrained at all to use only the best quality wool. Sarah gave me the encouragement I needed just to use the wools I had on hand and while I have stuck mainly to pinks I have also thrown in some brights. I love my little rug and I'm not sure what I'll do with it. I'm thinking of making a rather large pillow but it might be too big for a pillow. So for now it sits on my couch and makes me smile to see it.

Comments

Well done! That's a fabulous throw!

Popular Posts