Skulls and Pink dots

I was really excited to see last Week’s Quick Quilt Saturday project. It’s a project that has been on my To Do List for a while, so I finally had a chance to set aside some time to make it.
It was based on this tutorial from Pattern Pile – Sew a home and away cable organiser. The instruction were very simple and I had to read them a few times through to make sense of them but I am really happy with the end result.



Because I wanted to hang mine in the study I decided to stitch the little pouch to the organiser so it didn’t fall off if it was full and the snaps were not strong enough to hold it on.


I love that it rolls up, so it will be so useful for travelling, I should have no problems keeping track of all my cables and adaptors.
I really wanted to finish this project on Sunday when I was making it and I couldn’t find a buckle anywhere to use, or ‘D’rings r in fact anything suitable, so I cut these giant ‘D’rings of a particularly ugly belt I found hanging in my wardrobe. Bonus is that because it’s so big, it’s nice and strong.


And because I love Skulls, and I’m in a bit of a pink ‘n’ black ‘n’ white mood, I made this one out of some skull fabric I picked up on my last trip to Voodoo Rabbit, Ky has the most stunning fabrics, and if you are in Brisbane it really is worth a visit.

Comments

Popular Posts