My Jewel Pillow Case


Pattern: Grandmother's Brooch Pillow
Designed by: Jemima Flendt from Tied with a Ribbon
Fabric is Tilda Sunkiss collection and Oxford linen.
Tilda April Club Project from Fabric Pixie


The April Tilda Club Project was a gorgeous pillow designed by Jemima Flendt from Tied with a Ribbon .  I loved the beautiful design and  I think both my beautiful Grandmothers would also have loved it. It was too pretty for the lounge room, so I decided to make it into a pillowslip for my bed. i have to say I love seeing my beautiful pillow and using it every night makes me really happy.

When I first saw those terrifying words 'needle turn applique' I almost put this project in the too hard basket. All my previous attempts at this skill have actually been pretty terrible. HoweverI decided I would give it a go and following Jemima's method of Machine basting, I managed to get it to work. There was quite a lot of ironing of those tiny little edges and many burnt finger tips, but finally the "jewels' were sitting nice a flat, with somewhat smooth edges and were ready for hand stitching.
Many peaceful hours of hand stitching and Netflix and my pillow case was finished.
I love it, and I'm so happy with my first successful attempt at Needle turn applique.

The original pillow design was the centre applique piece, to make it into a pillowcase I simply added in the pink sashing and used some more of the Oxford linen, I used the same method for the back as the Tilda club pattern and then used the pattern again to make the binding.

Comments

Popular Posts