Harry Potter QAL


No I really didn't need to start yet another quilt. But... I fell in love with the curls in Harry's hair and I couldn't resist. The pattern is from kelli fannin quilts who is kindly offering this qal for free in tandem with Sew Fresh Quilts who is hosting a Harry Potter Selfie quilt along, I'm not sure if I will do that one as well. I really want to but...
Conor (my son) was going to Spotlight, so I asked him to pick me up some skin colour fabric, clarifying pale white people skin colour. After many photos and much discussion on Messenger, I asked him to get them all as I decided with different characters, they can each have a variation of pale white people skin, much like mine.


Initially I was daunted by this pattern but I took it extremely slowly and spent Sunday afternoon and evening slowly laying it out and sewing it together. Only stopping for a driving lesson (Yay!) and to cook dinner. I did make a couple of errors but they were pretty simple to fix. Mainly just getting little blocks turned around.

I was looking in my stash for background fabric and found this little bug fabric. I decided to use it and I think it works well. I won't have enough of this fabric for the whole quilt but I'm confident I can find something to match it. I love this fabric it makes me sing the song Firefly by Owl City. I'm not sure if the little bugs are actually Fireflies, but they are for me now.



I'm so happy with my finished block and can't wait to do more on this now. It's just so much fun. I'm wondering if I should reread the books!

Comments

Popular Posts